< Back to Media Centre Home
SelectingSuper Media Release - 18 November 2015
Rainmaker SelectingSuper announces Superannuation Fund of the Year
Melbourne 18 November: Rainmaker Group has today announced the winners of its annual SelectingSuper Awards. The event recognises the best superannuation providers and industry leaders in Australia.
Building retirement savings is the core objective of superannuation funds, and so net performance is the most highly ranked criteria used in the analysis carried out by Rainmaker SelectingSuper. Other criteria include whether funds' insurance offerings represent value for money and how well they support members with great communications and smart technology.
The 2015 SelectingSuper Fund of the Year award was won by HOSTPLUS for the second consecutive year, reflecting its complete low-cost offering and strong, consistent performance across its default MySuper option, its diversified and asset specific investments as well as its sharply priced insurance cover.
They narrowly beat CareSuper, another previous Fund of the Year winner.
Rainmaker SelectingSuper Awards winners are chosen based on extensive quantitative and qualitative research using Rainmaker Group's extensive database of research and long-term profiling of the superannuation industry.
"Over the 23 years Rainmaker SelectingSuper has been assisting consumers and employers in understanding the comparative merits of their superannuation funds we have seen exciting innovations, lower fees, better and smarter offerings, and more options tailored to customers' needs," says Alex Dunnin, Head of Research at Rainmaker Group.
"Above all," Dunnin adds, "The really good funds have built an investment performance engine inside their fund. They take their investment process really seriously by either building world-class investment teams or partnering with the best investment managers."
"Other fund product features are important but nothing is more important than strong, consistent investment outcomes."
2015 SelectingSuper Award winners include:
- Super Fund of the Year: HOSTPLUS
- MySuper Product of the Year: CareSuper
- Workplace Super Product of the Year:
- Value: HESTA
- Deluxe: CareSuper
- Premium: Mercer Super Trust
- Personal Super Product of the Year:
- Value: Equip Personal
- Deluxe: HOSTPLUS Personal Super
- Premium: netwealth Super Accelerator Personal Super
- Retirement Product of the Year:
- Value: Energy Super Income Stream
- Deluxe: UniSuper Pension
- Premium: OneAnswer Frontier Pension
- Consumer Choice Award: UniSuper
- Long Term Performance Award: CareSuper
- SMSF Administrator of the Year Award:
- Long Term Performance: AMP SMSF Solutions
- Innovation Awards:
- MySuper Lifestage fund: Telstra Super MySuper
- Young Person fund: ANZ Smart Choice Super - Personal
- Industry Service Award: Ann Byrne, corporate governance champion, trustee of LUCRF, former chief executive of the Australian Council of Super Investors, UniSuper and STA.
Alex Dunnin, Head of Research at Rainmaker Group, is available for interview.
For media enquiries, please contact:
p. 0401 931 577
e: [email protected]
Download the full Media Release here