At AustralianSuper, we put members first in everything we do, to help them achieve a more comfortable lifestyle when they retire. As Australia's largest super fund, we manage over $110 billion in assets on behalf of more than 2 million members^. We use our size, scale and expertise to deliver more benefits and strong long-term investment performance to members while maintaining low fees*. For more information visit australiansuper.com or call 1300 300 273.
*As at 30 June 2017
Fund Value$119 billion
- Strong long-term performance - we're a top-ten performing super fund*. Over one, three, five and ten years, invested in the Balanced option, we've performed better than the average super fund.
- Run only to profit members - no dividends to shareholders or commissions to financial planners are paid.
- Same low admin fee since 2010 - a flat $1.50 a week (other fees may also apply).
- Investment choice - choose from a wide range of options including shares, cash, property, infrastructure and fixed interest. You also have the option to directly invest in S&P/ASX 300 shares, exchange traded funds, and term deposits.
- Trusted partner - we work with more than 220,000 businesses across almost every industry, with local experts in all states and territories. Employers get access to a free clearing house to help make paying super easier and secure.
- Members' services - phone support (8am - 8pm) and online tools including a secure account and mobile app to help you get the most out of your super, anywhere, anytime.
- Financial advice and events ** - get online, over-the-phone or in person advice. Plus attend free retirement and financial planning seminars.
- Extra benefits +- access a range of financial products and services like financial advice, health insurance, and mental health support.
- Insurance - protection for members and their families, including Death, Total and Permanent Disablement (TPD) and Income Protection cover.
- Trustee Board - experienced Board with equal number of employer and employee representatives plus an independent director.
^As at 30 June 2016.
* SelectingSuper Top 50 Workplace Super - Balanced. Investment returns are not guaranteed. Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future returns.
**Financial advice provided will be under the Australian Financial Services Licence held by a third party and not by AustralianSuper Pty Ltd (AustralianSuper) and therefore is not the responsibility of AustralianSuper. With your approval a fee may be charged if a
Statement of Advice is produced.
+ These products and services are provided by third parties and not by AustralianSuper. AustralianSuper does not recommend, endorse or accept responsibility for these products and services. Terms and conditions apply - these should be obtained from the relevant third party organisation. AustralianSuper does not accept liability for any loss or damage caused by the products and services provided by these third parties. AustralianSuper may invest in these third parties but does not receive any commissions
from these organisations as a result of members using their products and services.
Investment Option Descriptions
Balanced (MySuper option)
|DIY Mix Options
Diversified Fixed Income
||S&P/ASX300 listed stocks, term deposits and selected exchange traded funds.
||Growth Asset Weighting
||Growth 81% Defensive 19%
||Growth 70% Defensive 30%
||Growth 71% Defensive 29%
||Growth 70% Defensive 30%
||Growth 44% Defensive 56%
||Growth 28% Defensive 72%
Investment Option Performance
For investment option performance, please visit www.australiansuper.com/investments-and-performance.
Please note: AustralianSuper returns are net of fees and tax. Investment returns are not guaranteed. Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future returns. All care has been taken to ensure the information is correct at the date of publication.
Insurance Options AvailableDeath, TPD, Income Protection.
Extra Benefits AvailableFinancial planning, health insurance (through GMHBA), retirement and financial planning seminars, online account management and transactions.
Member CommunicationsMember magazines, newsletters, investment and insurance guides, investment performance data available on website, online financial help tools and calculators, online seminars and videos, online markets and research data for Member Direct investors. Our brochures and forms are available on request or can be downloaded from australiansuper.com
Employer ServicesEmployer reports, secure online transactions, clearing house services, member education programs, monthly bulletins and biannual reports.
Fees & Charges
|Management cost - member fee ($ per week/ annum)
||$1.50 per week (Pension Division also has an asset based fee of 0.11%pa of account balance capped at $750 p.a.)
|Management cost - investment fee (% p.a.)
||Range from 0.10% to 0.66% pa for 2016/17 (0.57% for the Balanced option in 2016/17). Management fees can be incurred for Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs)
||Nil except for members who select the Member Direct investment option and pay a monthly portfolio administration fee of $33 ($395 per year) and brokerage of $15 plus a sliding scale up to 0.3% plus GST per trade for shares and ETFs. Management fees can be incurred for ETFs
||Australian Administration Services Pty Limited
||JANA Investment Advisers; Frontier Advisers Pty Ltd
||JPMorgan Chase & Co Bank
||TAL Life/ MetLife