REST Industry Super is an industry super fund, operating since 1988 and run only to benefit members. It is one of Australia's largest industry super funds, with over 1.9 million members and over $26 billion in assets.
REST Super is an award-winning product with a MySuper offering. REST Super is open to all, with automatic life stage insurance cover (subject to eligibility). The REST Super investment option 'Core Strategy' is a MySuper investment option available to all members.
REST members benefit from low fees, award-winning long-term performance, innovative insurance and great customer service.
Product Inception Date1988
Product Size$24.4 billion
- Competitive performance - Core Strategy, our award-winning investment option, has returned 8.11% p.a. for the 10 years to 30 June 2013
- Choice of 13 investment options
- Low fees
- Default lifestage insurance options including Death, Total and Permanent Disablement (TPD) and long term Income Protection
- An award-winning product with a MySuper offering
- Binding beneficiary nominations
- Comprehensive and personalised communication, education and regular reporting including online newsletters and statements
- Access to discounted health insurance, travel insurance and low rate home loans
- Access to non-commission based financial advice
Investment Option Descriptions
||REST Super's MySuper option has a 24% defensive, 76% growth mix of shares, bonds, property, infrastructure, alternative assets and cash. The Trustee reviews and adjusts the asset allocation for this option on a regular basis.
||Members can choose to invest in structured asset allocations in five portfolios with a broad range of investment strategies. These options are multi-manager portfolios and include Cash Plus, Balanced, Capital Stable, Diversified and High Growth.
||Members who want to personalise their portfolio can choose from seven member-tailored options including Basic Cash, Cash, Bond, Property, Shares, Australian shares and Overseas shares. These can also be mixed in any combination and proportion to create a fully customised investment option.
Investment Option Performance
||Growth Asset Weighting*
Performance to 30 June 2013
* The allocation to growth and defensive assets for all options may vary from time to time within the ranges shown in the REST Super Product Disclosure Statement available at www.rest.com.au/pds. N/A applies to options running less than the indicated time periods. All returns are post investment management fees and tax. Returns for the five and ten year investment periods are annualised compound averages. Past performance is not necessarily an indicator of future performance.
Insurance Options AvailableDeath only, Death and Total and Permanent Disablement, Income Protection.
Extra Benefits AvailableAccess to financial advice, online account access, online investment switching, low rate home loans, discounted private health insurance, discounted travel insurance and discounted banking.
Member CommunicationsProduct Disclosure Statement and investment booklets; publications and investment performance available on website, 6 monthly member statements and quarterly newsletters. REST also offers Online statements, and comprehensive education seminars
Employer ServicesOnline transactions and account management, link to your existing payroll system, access to clearing house, newsletters, workplace seminars and visits, Employer Service Centre (1300 305 775)
Fees & Charges
||Nil for the first withdrawal (regardless if full or partial) then $25 per withdrawal thereafter
|Management Cost - ongoing fee
||0.1% pa of your account balance at the end of the month
|Management Cost - investment fee
||From 0.05% pa to 0.73% pa (depending on the member's investment option for the year to 30 June 2013). These fees include performance fees of up to 0.18%.
|Management Cost - member fee
Buy spread up to 0.46% depending on investment option, sell spread - 0.00%
Competitive long-term performance refers to past performance which is not a reliable indicator of future performance.
||Australian Administration Services
||JANA Investment Advisers
||State Street Australia
||DLA Piper Australia, Minter Ellison Lawyers, Henry Davis York